My Photo
Name:
Location: SR, California, United States

Husband, father, amateur reviewer, blogger, all around nice guy

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Welcome!

You're heard of the Halls of Medicine, now, welcome to the Halls of History. As any reader of my original blog, Life of Ando, would know, I love history. I would say that I'm a fan of history. I root for history. I also love to blog. And since J Crew and Kludge have multiple blogs, and since as the original blogger amongest my homeboys I can't allow myself to be outdone, I thought I might as well combine the two pastimes. And because I'm a sick, sick individual.

I plan on posting to this blog about once a week. The subject, obviously, will be history of all kinds. Three out of the four magazines I subscribe to are history focused (American Heritage, The History Channel Magazine, and World War II Magazine) and I often find odd or unusual or funny factoids that would be fun to share with my reader(s). So there'll be some recycled posts I stole from more talented writers, but also my own original thoughts on various things historical. History is pretty dry to a lot of people, but I plan on taking a bit of a tongue-in-cheek approach, keeping things light and (hopefully) mildly amusing as well. Sometimes I'll get serious, but usually not.

At any rate, with any luck you'll find something here that will occasionally make you grin and maybe you'll even learn a little something. To start with I would direct you to another website, to someone who actually talks about history for a living. His name is Bob. He is a history professor at some community college that I can't remember, and he podcasts everyday on various historical topics. The podcasts last for between 10 and 20 minutes. As history goes, the guy is amazing. If you like history you'll enjoy listening to him.

Until next time....

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Brown said...

Ando - I think you need a support group. This is getting serious. Maybe an intervention.

I'm adding this to my list... Best of luck with the new blog.

9:42 AM  
Blogger J Crew said...

I will add this too. Only because you have both of mine... and I like history

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home